Covid-19 Update – 10th September 2020
What does the latest Government update mean for visitors to Weston Park?
Rule of Six: From Monday 14th September, it will no longer be legal to meet socially in groups of more than six. This will apply indoors and outdoors including hospitality settings such as restaurants and outdoor spaces.
Covid Secure venues such as restaurants and visitor attractions can still host larger numbers in total but groups of up to six must not mix or form larger groups.
Weston Park is a Covid secure venue with all the relevant risk assessments and measures in place to welcome you safely to visit the Park, come to a small outdoor event, get married with up to 30 guests in the House or dine in our restaurant. Whilst you are with us we ask that you:
- Pre-book your Park and Gardens tickets on-line and don’t visit in groups larger than six
- Make a reservation in the Granary Brasserie on-line for tables of no more than six
- If you haven’t made a reservation please ensure that you scan the Test and Trace App on your table or complete the form available
- Observe the measures that we have put in place including hand sanitising stations and occupancy limits in our toilets
- Look after each other and observe social distancing and be mindful of others
- Please wear a face covering in our indoor spaces excluding the restaurant
Covid-19 Update – Saturday 16th August 2020
- Our events take place in 1,000 acres of Capability Brown parkland which affords plenty of space and fresh air
- All tickets to our events must be pre-booked on-line in advance to avoid cash handling, reduce queues, ensure social distancing and to support NHS Test & Trace
- All events will operate within a set capacity in-line with Government guidance
- We ask that you adhere to social distancing measures when attending an event with us
- All of our events have been risk assessed and held with the support of the Local Authority
- All of our event partners, suppliers, traders and caterers will be operating under Covid-19 secure guidelines
- In the unlikely event that we need to cancel your tickets will be refunded
Covid-19 Update – Saturday 8th August
Our Granary Art Gallery is now open and welcoming visitors.
Due to the latest update to the legislation regarding face coverings we are asking that visitors to the estate wear a face covering when visiting the Granary Art Gallery, the Stables Takeout and in our Admissions Office.
Covid-19 Update – Saturday 4th July
Following the most recent update from the government our Woodland Adventure Playground and Granary Brasserie are now open. We are also welcoming those that have booked a stay in our Holiday Cottages back to the estate.
Covid-19 Update 5th June 2020
We are delighted to announce that we will be re-opening the Park & Gardens at Weston from Tuesday 16th June 2020.
We are really looking forward to welcoming visitors back to Weston Park. The health and safety of our visitors and staff are of upmost importance as we navigate our way through the ‘new normal.
We have adopted the Visit Safe framework created by Historic Houses to help and reassure you as you come back to visit us.
Areas open to explore include Temple Wood, the wider parkland, Walled Garden and Formal Gardens. A Parkland Walks map will be available at the admissions point highlighting various walking routes where you can get off the beaten track.
Areas closed are the House, the Maze, the Woodland Adventure Playground, the Miniature Railway, Granary Brasserie, Art Gallery
and STUFF! Craft Room
You are more than welcome to bring bikes and well behaved dogs on leads are welcome.
Please click here for more information on our re-opening and how to buy tickets.
We look forward to seeing you very soon!
Covid-19 Update 15th May 2020
Following the latest update from the Government this week we wanted to clarify the position on access to outdoor attractions and destinations. The current update states ‘ticketed outdoor leisure venues must remain closed’ and therefore the estate remains closed.
Should this advice change at any point in the coming weeks we will of course review this and provide updates on our social media channels.
In line with government guidance on non-essential travel and to stay at home it is with a very heavy heart that I have to announce we have closed the estate until further notice.
Weston Park is a place for people to enjoy a wide variety of experiences from celebrating a milestone occasion to having a picnic in the Park and it will be again.
We are a not for profit independent charity and I wanted to take this opportunity to thank everyone for their generosity of spirit and messages of support in these rapidly moving and challenging times.
Take care, stay safe and we look forward to welcoming you back to Weston soon.
With best wishes
CEO, Weston Park Foundation
Due to the fact that we are unable to open we are offering all Annual Pass members an additional 6 months membership for free should you wish to renew when times are better.
Please find to follow the current status of our events:
Spring Fling – 24th and 25th May – Postponed
Historic Rally Festival – 7th June – New Date – 25th October
International Model Air Show – 19th – 21st June – New Date – 17th and 18th October
We are in regular contact with our event organisers who are planning shows here in the summer with a view to taking stock on daily developments and government advice. Please take a look at our website for updates here
If you have booked a holiday to stay with us on the estate within the next three weeks please e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance including a telephone number so we can call you back.
We will be updating our social media channels on a regular basis so please do check in with us on Facebook or Twitter to keep in touch
Whilst we are trying to update business listings on Facebook, Google and Trip Advisor for example, these changes are not taking effect as quickly as we would like due to the volume of demand from similar businesses. If listings state we are open – we are not – and please do not travel to us.